TABS is now welcoming registered Bikeability Schemes to apply to become members of The Association of Bikeability Schemes (TABS) for 2014/15. TABS also welcomes interested parties, including non-delivery local authorities, organisations and businesses that support Bikeability to join TABS as supporters.
Government funding for cycle training is agreed up to 2016. TABS will represent the views of the cycle training industry so that informed decisions can be made regarding future funding.
However to do more, we need more members – to be a louder voice, and to promote and expand Bikeability more effectively. As with any trade association, as membership grows so will the authority of TABS, along with our ability to provide more services for our members, to secure more funding and have a greater influence on government policy.
TABS is not a sole cycling organisation, but represents a large and diverse range of schemes. We can therefore access a range of expertise in formulating consensus for best-practice guidance and other relevant topics of interest to members. We offer bespoke, specialist training and advice.
- Have your say in the future of Bikeability
- FREE & discounted place(s) at the annual, national Bikeability Conference organised by TABS (network/share ideas with other TABS members, discuss key issues, professional workshops, policy debate)
- Information exchange / networking opportunities (quarterly newsletter, website updates, TABS online discussion forum, regional seminars/talks)
- Promotional opportunities (TABS Directory of Member Services on website, Case studies, Marketing/PR to promote member activities, quality ‘Kitemark’ & Code of Conduct)
- Advice service (professional advice / assistance provided on all aspects of cycle training/Bikeability)
- Resources (Best-practice examples; technical advice, support and guidance documents – health & safety, legal issues)
- Central membership services (consultation, campaigning, marketing, fundraising; securing discounts for members with training providers, cycling retailers, industry distributors)
Download SUMMARY SHEET OF MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
Download the APPLICATION FORM
For more background on TABS, please see the FAQs
The Board of TABS is working to establish other benefits for members and supporters. TABS is your organisation, it is there to represent your interests so please let us know what you would like to see TABS doing.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us at email@example.com
TABS MEMBERS 2014-15
TABS members have signed up and paid an annual membership in recognition of the work that TABS does to promote best-practice, maintain standards and ensure the best service for the end user – the Bikeability trainee. But members also recognise the value from networking, training workshops and best-practice guidance produced. TABS members are committed to the principles of ensuring the highest quality for the delivery of Bikeability and appreciate how important mutual collaboration is in order to maintain standards.
Many thanks to all our existing TABS MEMBERS for your support.
As of 26th September 2014 there are 108 TABS members and supporters (in italics) for 2014/15. For a full list click here
MEMBER UPDATES – MONTHLY NEWSLETTERS 2013 & 2014
For current and previous news of TABS activities, please click here to to download
Download TABS ANNUAL REPORT 2013
TABS MEMBERS – SERVICES
For a full list of all the services provided by TABS members, including contact details: TABS MEMBERS – DIRECTORY OF SERVICES & PRODUCTS 2014
TABS CODE OF CONDUCT
TABS requests that all members sign-up to our Code of Conduct, which then entitles them to use TABS Kitemark, as a mark of quality and commitment to Bikeability – for further details click here.
Download TABS Code of Conduct
For details of discounts available to TABS members click here.