2018 National Conference, organised by TABS
This year the national training conference was held in London and took place on May 16th & 17th in Islington. TABS workshops ran for a full day as per previous years, with delegates being shown the sites of London the day before the main conference, on bike.
2016 National Bikeability Conference, organised by TABS
This year the national training conference will be held in Leicester and take place on Friday 20th May. Bikeability will be a key theme on the Cycle City Active City 2016 conference agenda giving our industry a great opportunity to raise the profile of Bikeability nationally. TABS training workshops will run for a full day as per previous years, but delegates will also get a chance to attend Cycle City conference plenary sessions, exhibitions & events as well as getting discount entry to the Thursday 19th May activities.
Further information will be available at the start of February 2016. For now hold the date!
2016 Regional Training Workshops – Best Practice for Schemes
In January TABS ran a series of professional training workshops, repeated at 4 different venues around the country – Wokingham, Gloucester, London and Liverpool. See here for more information / papers / feedback.
30th November – TfL / TABS London training workshop
Papers from the workshop:
- Agenda – 30th Nov
- Welcome and Introduction
- Notes from IQA
- Notes from recruitment CPD
- Notes from SUD discussion
- Notes from managing capability issues
- Notes from procurement workshop
- Notes from Level 2 Refresher
- LCDS compliance with Bikeability training – Part 1
- LCDS compliance with Bikeability training – Part 2
For details of training courses currently available, including National Standards Cycling Instructor training courses, CPD modules etc. – Click here
Below are some of the key, recent activities that TABS has undertaken:
- 2016 – Regional Training Workshops will be run in 4 venues around the country.
- Since 2012 TABS has organised an annual, national Bikeability conference . For further details of the conferences click here
- 2015 – TABS organised a series of regional training courses in London, Chesterfield & Manchester on the topic of improving internal quality assurance.
- 2014 – TABS organised a series of regional training courses aimed at NSITs involved in the practical delivery of NSI courses.
- 2013 – TABS organised a series of regional training courses in London, Leeds, Chesterfield and Exeter on raising standards and achieving consistency. Raising Standards and Achieving Consistency course – workbook (2013)